Monday, October 11, 2010

Day by Day

I have been head's down for the past couple week trying to get accustomed to the final school schedule and creating lesson plans. I have been struggling to create lessons that work for the extremely mixed levels of my students and that don't bore them. Peace Corps provided some books and manuals to help with lesson planning, but I have found most of the activities geared for younger students. My high school students get bored and distracted quite easily so I have been trying to keep their interest.

I thought for this blog post I would show a little about my daily life now that my schedule has settled down. I didn't quite get photos of everything, but I figure I have two years to get it all!

I usually leave my apartment about 7:45 and walk to school.

Around the corner from my house is a big second hand store where they sell clothes by the kilo. On Monday morning there is a big line of people waiting to pick through the new shipment. Each day the price gets a little lower.

Entering my school campus, students are headed to class.

In my classroom, girls huddle around the heater in the cool mornings.

In the afternoons I have been playing sports with the girls' handball and football teams at my school. I find handball very confusing, but I am slowly picking up the rules. I have also been spending a lot of time cooking. My current favorite thing to do is to roast peppers and them bake them in a crust-less quiche.

The highlight of my evenings are my Skype dates with friends and family. The ten hour time with home difference can be difficult, but it's great to see those who are free is the mornings. Yesterday I had a lovely date with the darling Cecelia and her beautiful mama, Eliza! I love technology.


1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! We definitely have to have another date soon!! I miss you and I think Cecelia has grown already :)

    ReplyDelete