Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Chanting, "Snow day, snow day!"

In my town, nothing will get in the way of education.  Not over a foot of snow, bitter winds or very few students.  For the past two days, I have trudged to school find classes with three, six, or zero students.  I have found myself yearning for a snow day.  As a teacher, I would rather have the day off and make-up the class at another time so that I could present information to all the students at once.

Benches in the school courtyard
I've given up hope of my snow day in Romania, but look forward to future winters in Seattle where we are wimpy and shut everything down with just two inches. I have five months left in Romania, but my real question is how many of these months will be winter months.  Last year we had snow in May, but I am hopeful this winter will be shorter.

No comments:

Post a Comment