Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Dog Attack

Stray dogs are part of the landscape in my Romanian experience thus far. I see at least 75 dogs each day on my 45 minute walk to and from school. Most of them are harmless, but you occasionally will get one that is overly interested in you and barks or growls. It can be a little intimidating. Even the U.S. Department of State has a warning about dogs on their Romania page.

Throughout our training, we have been warned to never run from the dogs and if they try to bite or attack you to remain calm. On the 4th of July my dog attack training was put into practice. However, I was very lucky. I only ended up with a little drool on my pants. Evidence below.

In all seriousness though dogs can be a threat here and I am careful not to walk too close to dogs that look like they may be trouble. I hope to never have a real attack during my stay in Romania.

3 comments:

  1. Is it bad that I still want one of the puppies despite your warning?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Puppy attack!! How did you resist not bringing one home...Maybe, like Erin, you'll end up adopting a dog while in the PC ;)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww poor stray doggies, adopt one!

    ReplyDelete