Thursday, December 16, 2010

Heading West

Last week I was in Sibiu for In Service Training. Sibiu is a gorgeous city in Translyvania with strong German roots. Coming to Sibiu was a bit unreal for me because I felt like I was coming into another country. I don't see architecture like this in my region, nor do I live close to any German or Hungarian communities. It was very fun for me to be able to see a different piece of Romania.

Unfortunately, the conference kept us very occupied and we didn't get out until after dark each day. However, I was able to sneak out on a lunch break to get a few shots of the city.

Piata Mare set up with stalls of holiday goodies.

Piata Mica

Sibiu also has some amazing museums and these are definitely on my lists for future visits. I hope to be able to take friends and family here when they visit.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That looks beautiful :)
    It's sad, I'm still dreaming of being able to come visit...How is the snow situation?
    We definitely need another skype date!! (Ce is totally different...)

    ReplyDelete