Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Smaller

This year I have a new classroom which is smaller than my previous one.  I have much better seating for my students, the desks I had last year were terrible and not really built for high school students.  I moved all my "decor" from the previous room so it feels homey.  It was a little hard to try to get the whole room, but here are a couple snaps.



Sadly, the room also works better because all my classes have less students than last year.  Some students have quit school, others have transferred, while others have moved to join their parents in other countries.  As I created my grade books for this year it was sad to see all the students I have lost in less than a year.  One of the now 11th grade classes is down from 30 students last year to 24 students; a now 12th grade is down from 24 students to just 17 this year.  I hope to do what I can during the year to keep them engaged in my little bit of their school experience.  I only see each of my students for one hour a week, but it's a reminder to me to try to keep classes as enjoyable as possible for my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment