Monday, November 1, 2010

A Weekend Walk

This weekend my friend and fellow volunteer, Chelsea came to visit. This required her taking two trains and a maxi-taxi, essentially a full day of traveling to come see me. We had a nice visit and gorgeous weather! On Saturday afternoon we climbed to the cross on the hill outside of my site that is lit up each night. I have wanted to do this walk since I arrived, but this is the first weekend weather has finally worked in my favor. When I arrived at site in August it was simply too hot and then we had a spell of rain.

Saturday it was crisp and sunny, perfect for the walk. I had been given vague directions from locals that involved walking to the train tracks, turning left and finding a crossing, then trying to find the path. We did have to back track a couple times, but the weather made it enjoyable.

Our destination.

The path.

My awesome hiking partner.

Getting closer.


The view on the other side of the hill, away from my town.


The view of my town.



Summit.




2 comments:

  1. I just realized that the cross on top of the hill looks like it has lights...please tell me it does and they light it sometimes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! It is lit up every night! I'll try to take a photo next time I'm out and about in the evening.

    ReplyDelete