Monday, July 25, 2011

Camp Daze

As is my habit, I seem to have fallen a bit behind in my blogging. Since my previous post I have gotten into the rhythm of my summer schedule.  Mondays I teach two English classes to kids, Wednesdays I teach classes to mothers and Thursdays I have the sports camp in the village.  I also managed to have an amazing, but all to brief trip to Germany (more about that later).

On my most recent camp day I decided to focus on animals.  I spent the day before the camp drawing silly animal pictures to help the younger kids understand what I was talking about.


I felt honored to have great turnout again of about 35 kids! The first activity involved learning some animal names in English and then practicing walking like that animal to the other side of the field.


 demonstrating a kangaroo hop

 ambling like bears

 crab walking
 learning Duck, Duck, Goose

 I was an easy target and picked way too often!
I am hoping for a cloudy day so it's not quite so hot outside.  Last session I tried to make everyone take tiny penguin steps when we played Red Light, Green Light to stay a little cooler, but soon it dissolved into running and then everyone needed a break in the tiny patch of shade by the school.  This week I am left pondering what I will do; feel free to send any ideas my way, especially games that aren't too overheating.  

No comments:

Post a Comment