Thursday, July 28, 2011

Spotty

For the past month I  have been seeing spots, actually to be more specific I have been seeing one spot.  It's in the middle of my right eye and in the middle of my field of vision.  I thought my contacts might be getting old so I switched them out, but alas still the same annoying spot.  I have the sensation of a bug flying in front of whatever I am trying to look at.  The bug moves as I try to look around and past it.  Last week I finally contacted the PC doctors and went down to Bucharest to have my eyes checked.  Let me tell you having an eye exam where the doctor is speaking another language and doesn't trying to slow down for you is not a fun thing, especially when the procedures are not quite what you are accustomed too.

However, I was eventually given the all clear and told that the spot I am seeing should eventually go away. "Oh, okay, but when?" I asked.  That is not known, but I can have the doctor check my eyes again in three months.  I also relayed this story to the Dutch girl who volunteers in my town.  She said, oh yeah, I had something like that happen to me, but after 3 or 4 years they went away.  This did not make me feel much better.

The optometrist suggested I could try drinking blueberry juice each day.  I have not ever seen blueberry juice here although there is a blueberry liqueur that people make so perhaps I can hunt some down.  In the mean time, I'll just pray for a world free of spots. 

If anyone out there has any trick for eye health send them my way.  I am eatting lots of carrots, just in case that works.

No comments:

Post a Comment