Friday, July 29, 2011

Germany

Last week I took a whirlwind trip to Germany to meet up with my cousin Emily, her husband Hans, and their son Karl while they were visiting Hans' parents, Harold and Jutta. This was my first trip to Germany and it was wonderful.  Spending time with family has become even more dear as I am so far from home and it was so lovely just to be in a normal home setting.  Just doing things like sitting down for breakfast or lunch as a family are a complete delight. It was so fun too to watch Karl, at age 4, move back and forth from German to English at rapid speed.

I ate some delicious food, drank some great beer and wine, got lots of quality family time and even found some new clothes. It was a great 4 1/2 days.  We certainly packed it in! Here are some snaps from my trip:

Heidelberg
 
Bad Wimpfen
 
 Bad Wimpfen
 
 Bad Wimpfen
 The old city walls of Bad Wimpfen
 
 Maultashen, dumplings filled with spinach and meat, one of my new favorite foods!

 The Danube Valley

Lovely dinner with some of Hans' college friends

 family!

 Stuttgart

 The old palace in Stuttgart

One last family photo before I hit the road

No comments:

Post a Comment