Saturday, July 2, 2011

Classroom Progression

Recently, I've been doing a lot of cleaning, both physically and digitally.  I've been sorting through all the papers that piled up in my apartment during the school year and been sorting through all the photos and documents that I have saved on my computer over the past year plus in Romania.  As I was looking through photos I found a series of pictures that I thought needed to be compiled.  This follows the progression of my room throughout the school year.
The first photo shows the classroom I was originally told would be mine.  I walked in the week before school started to find a hole in the wall and water damage.  Thus this didn't end up being my classroom.


When school started I did get a nice and rather giant room.  The room has lots of light which is great, but when I first got it, I found the configuration a little funny.  To be honest, I still don't understand why you would put the blackboard in the corner and then have the desks facing a different wall, but as a visual learner I want to make sure my students could see the blackboard without turning in their chairs.




I reoriented the desks and added a map and a few postcards from home, asking my friends and family to mail me more.


As the year went on the postcards multiplied and and I tried to make the walls a little more exciting.



By the end of the year, we also gained decorations from our partner school, St. Joseph School in Seattle. 


1 comment: